Carl Sagan once said that "To read is to voyage through time". That is one of the good things about reading books, they let you travel without you having to move your feet. And as Dr. Seuss says, "Oh, the places you'll go!" You only need imagination and perhaps if curiosity bites, you'll google those places especially if you're reading non-fiction to get a better feel of what you're reading.

I started reading today a book I got a few months ago, Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour.




Aside from it being written by Anthony Bourdain, touted as America's boldest and bravest traveling chef, the cover picture was what really captured me to buy it. It was  a picture of Tony posed in front of one of Bayon Temple's many facades. If you've been to Cambodia, you'd be familiar with it. And since I'm currently counting down the days before I set foot in Cambodian soil, I decided to first breeze through the chapter wherein Tony ventured into a very remote place in Khmer county.

Honestly, I didn't expect a chef to write so descriptively. It was very entertaining to say the least. He has a knack for taking you alongside his journeys into parts unknown and eating god-knows-what. I do not suggest that you read this before meals if you're squeamish. If you also can't stand profanity, go read something else. This book is definitely not for you. He may come off at times as smug, harsh and insane, but at least he is honest.

Describing Chef Tony as an adventurous eater is a major understatement.

So if you're like me who believes that food and travel goes hand in hand, this book is definitely recommended.